(OT) Prejudice against sendmail?

Hi all,

I don't want to start another holy war like the mutt vs. GUI mailer that
is raging on this list. So please: no emotions! Get a real religion
instead! ;-)

As I was reading about the different MTAs, I collected some arguments pro
and contra sendmail, which almost everywhere can be found:

Pros:
  * very powerful
  * very flexible
  * biggest support and development community

Cons:
  * attacked frequently
    (either because of design weakness or because it's so commonly
     used?)
  * difficult to configure
  * security holes

Do you have some expirience with sendmail that could confirm or refute
this common opinion?
--
Martin Möller <listen AT andvari.de>
Using Debian etch/testing for amd/64