Re: AMD 64 Dual Core questions

On Friday 01 September 2006 2:36 am, Margiolas Christos wrote:
>  But if you
> want the 32bit debian I suggest you to use the k7 version of kernel because
> the x86 can't recognize the dual core of the cpu...

Really, 686-smp doesn't see it? Athlon64's are /both/ 686 and k7's in that
they support all the 686 extentions and are backwards compatible with
the k7. If you use the K7 you might see a very very slight increase in speed
but not anything noticeable in my experience anyway.
--
Whales -- the _renewable_ lubricant!
	-- Larry Elmore in AFC