Re: (OT) Prejudice against sendmail?

martin f krafft wrote:
> Without trying to be religious or anything of that sort, I can
> recommend postfix without restrictions to most anyone -- it has an
> excellent security track record, a large support community, great
> documentation, and it's really not that complex (even though it can
> be, once you start doing more advanced stuff).

Generally I tend to agree (and I wish postfix was made into the default MTA
for Debian as it is almost every other Linux distribution -- except I am
not sure whether RedHat kicked the sendmail habit already), but sendmail
has one huge advantage -- they are still so widespread, especially in the
commercial world, that any Linux certification (and I am afraid many jobs
you may be interested in) required pretty good knowledge of sendmail. Which
is the reason, why I have installed sendmail on my notebook (and read
Bat-book!).

Otherwise, in the totally ideal world, where I could choose whatever I want,
it would be probably postfix.

Best,

Matěj

http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej/blog/, Jabber: ceplma@jabber.cz
23 Marion St. #3, (617) 876-1259, ICQ 132822213

If trains stop at train stations, what happens at work stations?