Re: Email programs that work.

Am 2006-08-28 11:11:22, schrieb Marc Wilson:
> Mutt can't directly show you new mail in an IMAP store.  True enough.  It
> has no trouble at all, however, with identifying new mail in a local
> mbox/maildir/what_have_you store.
>
> Whenever *I* go back to my folder list, new is clearly marked.
>
> Thunderbird, just for comparison, is the one that doesn't seem to be able
> to figure out if there's new mail, whether IMAP or local, unless you either
> enter the folder or tell it to check.
>
> Here's the one thing that *I* have to have... decent printing support.  The
> disaster that thunderbird or evolution calls "printing" is worthless.
>
> Of course, evolution has the problem that it's a Gnome application, and
> Gnome developers think printer controls, even simple ones like margins,
> confuse people.  Or maybe there's a statement in some Gnome HIG somewhere
> that users shouldn't be printing mail, so they make it crap to dissuade
> people.  I don't know.
>
> I'm not sure what thunderbird's problem is anymore.  The excuse of
> Mozilla's original printing system being so weak is getting very thin.

Yeah, all MUA's are thick and have maladies...  :-(

Time to write a better one which have all bugs
and malladies at the same time... ;-)

Not this distributed bugs...

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day
    Michelle Konzack
    Systemadministrator
    Tamay Dogan Network
    Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi
0033/6/61925193    67100 Strasbourg/France   IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)