Re: Can't install new packages with apt-get due to unresolved dependencies -- How do I fix them?

Hello Glen.

> Sorry, I guess I was looking for a generic solution and didn't think the
> actual package name mattered.  But this is what I get (package =
> kdebase-kio-plugins (3.3.2-1sarge3)):
>
> Unpacking kdebase-kio-plugins (from
> kdebase-kio-plugins_3.3.2-1sarge3_i386.deb)
> dpkg - warning, overriding problem because --force enabled:
>   trying to overwrite `/usr/lib/kde3/kio_imap4.la`, which is also in
> package kdepim-kio-plugins
> <<<message is repeated but for kio_imap4.so, imap4.protocol, and
> imaps.protocol as well>>>

It seems the order in which the packages get installed is important. As I can see the
mentioned files do not exist in the „kdepim-kio-plugins“ package[0] (anymore). As it seems
they have been moved to the „kdebase-kio-plugins“ package and have been replaced by the
„kio_newimap4.*“ files.

So you should try to manually install the current version of „kdepim-kio-plugins“ and
thereafter install

Regards, Mathias

[0]
http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_contents.pl?searchmode=filelist&word=kdepim-kio-plugins&version=stable&arch=i386