Re: Email programs that work.

Dmitri Minaev wrote:
> On 8/29/06, Steve Lamb <grey@dmiyu.org> wrote:
>> Dmitri Minaev wrote:
>> > I use Sylpheed. Not a gem, but suitable, especially with full
>> > keyboard control. I could live with TB, too, but I was too annoyed by
>> > its' inability to copy a sent message to 'Sent' IMAP folder (recent
>> > messages at mozillazine forums show that the problem still
>> > persists...)
>>
>>     ....  Uhm, not sure why you believe this to be the case.
>
> If I don't trust my own eyes, what else do I have to believe? :) I
> experienced this problem and this experience was the reason to drop
> (reluctantly, though) Firefox. And I see
> (http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?p=2451257) that other
> people have this problem, too. Not everyone, of course, but we must be
> the unlucky few :)

- From your link, 2 forum messages:

    bkwok      Posted: Aug Sun 13th 2006 10:04pm
    It seems the problem is gone after I changed the setup
    to the following:

    1. In "Copies & Folders", Check "Place a copy in:"
    2. Select "Other" and then pick your "Sent" IMAP folder manually

    That is, don't use the default "Sent" folder which provided
    by TB, but pick it up manually as it is a normal IMAP folder.

    BTW, I am using version 1.5.0.5, I don't know if it works for
    any other version.

    chasingclouds    Posted: Aug Thu 24th 2006 2:09pm
    As promised, feedback on bkwok's suggestion - answer is
    that it does seem to work on my copy of 1.5.0.5
    [snip]
    Yep, verdict so far is 'thank you bkwok - you may well have
    saved Thunderbird for me' !!!

> To all: BTW, have you heard that Mulberry is free now? Not yet
> open-source, but already free:
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.mail.mulberry.info/197

- --
Ron Johnson, Jr.