Re: Error 21

Marc Wilson wrote:
On Mon, Aug 28, 2006 at 04:09:12PM -0500, Damon L. Chesser wrote:

I mean, come on, give them a chance to at least learn.

I've yet to meet a single one hiding behind the "noob" excuse that had the
slightest interest in learning anything at all.

Is there some GUI tool of consequence other than SWAT for configuring
Samba?  SWAT, in my opinion, is worse than nothing as it exposes umpteen
options most of which you should not touch.  Cluebies always think you have
to adjust every option a GUI exposes.

Perhaps your experience is different.

Kelly, if you have another machine on your own, you can use it to install
linux with gui while letting the file server without gui.
On the gui machine you can do learning things and also still able to
manage the file server ( via ssh or webmin for example )
It is a bad idea to have gui on a production machine that doesn't need
any gui at all.
Happy learning ... ;-)

::mslinuz::