Re: [OT] Lotus Quoting (Was Re: Odp: Re: how to modify context ("right-click") menus in KDE ?)

* Matthijs <vanaalten@hotmail.com> [2006 Aug 25 10:27 -0500]:

> Whenever I see a poorly quoted, top posted message from someone who
> has to use Lotus Notes, I feel pity, not anger.

Isn't it just great to get some memo in Notes that has been forwarded by
about ten people each adding their own comments?  Scroll to the bottom,
then scroll up to the beginning of the last message and then down to
read it, then up again to the second.  All the while scrolling up and
down while trying to maintain the context of the entire message.

It's index lacks any concept of threading so replies are just a jumbled
mess interweaved in each other.  Mouse scrolling is supported in some
screens and not others.  Home and End keys move left and right and not
up and down.  It is truly a horrible MUA.  Apparently made for managers
by managers.

It looks like something I'd expect Dilbert's company to ship to Elbonia.

- Nate >>

  Amateur radio exams; ham radio; Linux info @  | free since January 1998.
             http://www.qsl.net/n0nb/           |  "Debian, the choice of
             My Kawasaki KZ-650 SR @            |     a GNU generation!"