Re: [OT] Lotus Quoting (Was Re: Odp: Re: how to modify context ("right-click") menus in KDE ?)

On Fri, 25 Aug 2006 11:30:12 +0200, "Mumia W."
<mumia.w.18.spam+nospam@earthlink.net> wrote:

> On 08/25/2006 02:41 AM, Zbigniew Wiech wrote:
>
> I don't want to be overly critical, but the "quoting" style of
> Lotus Notes leaves much to be desired. It is possible to get
> the application to quote like a normal mail-reader?
>
> Also, as a courtesy to me and others, please don't top post.

I'm force to use Lotus Notes at work and can tell from my experience
that it's the lousiest mailclient available on the market. In my
experience, it is almost impossible to get decent quoting in a reply.
Also, top posting is about the best you can get.

The only way you could get a decent quoted & bottom-posted reply is by
manually going through the entire message, editing and placing quote
characters in front of every line.

Whenever I see a poorly quoted, top posted message from someone who
has to use Lotus Notes, I feel pity, not anger.
--
Matthijs
vanaalten@hotmail.com