Re: Pumping Gas in Oregon (WAS: Re: Osama Bin Laden Take Over List!)

Steve Lamb wrote:

>Katipo wrote:
>

>>Steve Lamb wrote:
>>

>>>   Yes, because Government has nothing better to do than fritter it's
>>>citizens money on something that probably nets them no gain.  Sorry, that's a
>>>huge negative in my book.
>>>

>>That would seem to be somewhat inconsistent, coming from somebody that
>>supposedly endorses open concepts?
>>

>    No, it isn't.  I do not believe in open concepts when they are provided by
>the coercive force of government.

Perhaps your experience of government is, but Brazillian government
doesn't answer to the description of coercive.
Some of their ministers, like Minister for Culture, Alberto Gil, for
example.
Take a look at this example of a modern, South-American Coup leader,
before the mainstream media (they call it that because it's so shallow)
adles your mental vestiges even more than it has.

http://technology.guardian.co.uk/news/story/0,16559,1592359,00.html

>  Debian and the many software projects it
>encompasses is pretty much a VOLUNTEER effort that is FREELY given away.  One
>rarely volunteer's for taxation and freely gives said money away.

They're not giving away money.
They simply don't have it to give away.
There are good reasons for this, and they lurk not far from where you
live, but I don't want to extend the list's quotient of OT discussion
any more than it already is.

>>>   I don't see an N on the end of my name, El Kaputicano.
>>>

>>Just because I speak up, with regard to preserving an open viewpoint,
>>doesn't make me South American.
>>

>    Never said you were.  I can clearly see the .au at the end of your
>address.  However your name, Kapito, reminded me of "Kaput" and I tacked on
>icano and el for flavor to drive my point home.

Perhaps you're dislexic.
Regards,

And dream I do... (Noted).