Re: Pumping Gas in Oregon (WAS: Re: Osama Bin Laden Take Over List!)

Paul Johnson wrote:
> No.  On the other hand, hard to argue with gas being cheaper in Oregon when
> you can see the difference in an hour round trip to Vancouver...

    Which doesn't mean the reason you gave is the reason for the difference.
As has been pointed out if the reason you gave were true then market forces
would drive the rest of the nation to same model of service.  Since that isn't
the case there must be some other reason which cannot be easily replicated in
the other 48 states.

    Personally I'd look at the difference in tax rates of the other states
versus Oregon.  Oregon not taxing at the same rate could easily account for
the difference in price.