Re: X -configure failed

Jude DaShiell wrote:
> When I did X -configure as root the X command appeared to terminate
> normally but still left me with an empty /etc/X11/xorg.conf file.  wc just

I am afraid that you hit one of the Debian-specific things here (I am
learning for LPI exams and I just cannot wonder how difficult life is with
other distributions -- Debian makes life so much more simple!). Don't
bother with X -configure, Xconfigurator, etc. and just run what other
suggested

dexconf;dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg

Matěj

http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej/blog/, Jabber: ceplma@jabber.cz
23 Marion St. #3, (617) 876-1259, ICQ 132822213

He inherited some good instincts from his Quaker forebears, but
by diligent hard work, he overcame them.
      -- James Reston
         (about Richard Nixon)