Re: LVM2 for root -- initramfs-tools -- etch HOWTO?

CJ van den Berg wrote:
> initramfs-tools in etch has support for lvm built in. It should "just
> work" you don't have to do anything at all.  You have to use the
> /dev/mapper/volgrp--logicalvolume path to the volume though. (as opposed
> to the /dev/volgrp/logicalvolume version) Then the initramfs script
> automatically kicks in and initializes lvm before mounting root.

Wov! Thanks! I have monitor for that computer somewhere, but I would so not
want to take it back ... :-)

Matěj

http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej/blog/, Jabber: ceplma@jabber.cz
23 Marion St. #3, (617) 876-1259, ICQ 132822213

My point was simply that such tax proposals [for Pigovian taxes
compensating for the transaction costs] are the stuff that dreams
are made of. In my youth it was said, that what was too silly to
be said may be sung. In modern economics it may be put into
mathematics.
    -- Ronald Coase
       Notes on the Problem of Social Cost