RE: Open Source Supported Graphics Cards

On Monday, August 14, 2006 6:20 AM -0500, George Borisov wrote:

> Anthony M Simonelli wrote:
> >
> > I just get a little upset when people want to mold Debian into
> > something like a Windows clone.  If you want that, try a
> > Debian-derivative such as Linspire or Xandros.
>
> Spot on, dude.

Does that represent the Debian position?  I'd very much like to know.
If so, I'll continue to use it in server applications and stop
recommending it to friends who are not computer professionals.  That
would certainly make my life easier and Microsoft more profitable.

Where does that leave open-source software?  Well, I guess that will
stay limited to the 10% market share reserved for any product designed
for the cognoscenti.  We can keep our install CD's right next to our
Sony Beta-Max tapes.

--
Seth Goodman