AMD-64 Motherboard recomendations and questions

I am thinking of upgrading to a 939 motherboard as the price just dropped .

I am thinking either Abit kn8 ultra,  MSI k8n neo4, or the k8n Neo4-f.
Any advice on these boards?

How well supported by Debian Canned Kernels are the nforce4 and nforce4 ultra
chipsets? I don't want any hassles and having to patch kernels. Ideally, I'd like to
shut down my old system, install the new CPU and mainboard; reboot and have
discover find everything on the board.

Second question, what kernel would I use for 32bit userland on a AMD64 single core?
I am not really needing a 64bit userland at this time. I am currently running the k7 flavor
of 2.6 on Sid.

--
The reason I don't use Gnome: every single other window manager I know of
is very powerfully extensible, where you can switch actions to different