Re: booting sarge from a scsi card that has no bios

On 08/11/2006 04:06 PM, Serena Cantor wrote:
I have a adaptec AHA-2910B card, but it has no bios. I
boot sarge installation CD and installation went
smoothly. But after reboot, I can't boot sarge because
scsi card has no bios.

Can I boot from floppy and use loadlin to boot sarge?
Thanks!

Yes. "Man lilo.conf" will show you the options you'll need to set up lilo.conf; that's the hard-but-extremely-flexible way.

On Slackware they have a utility called makebootdisk which makes it easy. For Debian 3.1, mkrboot, bootcd, syslinux are available.

You can also boot from the first Sarge installation CD and give it the correct parameters to boot your root partition. Look in the help menus on the installation CD for more information.