Re: thinkpad value for money?

At 1154989430 past the epoch, Tyler Smith wrote:
> However, I notice that the specs on comparably priced, or
> somewhat cheaper, Dells (Inspiron e1505), Toshibas (A105),
> Lenovo (3000) and Compaqs are generally better than what
> I'd get with a thinkpad.

Specs do not compare some of the attributes that really
matter for laptops: durability, comfort when typing, etc.
It's the little details, like the great layout keyboard and
the rugged display hinges, that make thinkpads stand out.

That, and a strong community (linux-thinkpad mailing list,
thinkwiki.org, thinkpad-specific software and drivers like
the acpi extensions, the hdaps drivers, gaim-thinklight,
etc.).

--
Jon Dowland
http://alcopop.org/