[OT] Sourceforge lists and Return-Path header

It appears that the Sourceforge mailing list server apparently tries to
connect back to the host or MX for the host listed in the Return-Path
header.  My network is setup like this:

miami -----> santiago (smarthost) -----> Internet

Now, miami runs postfix, but it is not accessible from the outside.
Now, when I am using mutt on miami, sending a message to the Sourceforge
mailing lists generates a reply like this to santiago (which acts as the
smarthost) since the Return-Path is set to roberto@miami.connexer.com:

Aug  7 20:28:50 santiago postfix/smtp[11711]: 778272403E:
to=<courier-imap@lists.sourceforge.net>,
relay=externalmx-1.sourceforge.net[12.152.184.25], delay=92,