mySQL 4.1 on Etch AMD64

I am running Etch on an AMD64 system, and I've been trying to install
mySQL 4.1 on it.  mySQL 5.0 has some problems with at least one of my
applications -- some new keywords have been added, and these interfere
with column names that the application uses.

In any case, it doesn't seem possible to install 4.1.  When I try, I get
the following message from aptitude:

root@tux:/usr# aptitude install mysql-server-4.1
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading extended state information
Initializing package states... Done
Reading task descriptions... Done
Building tag database... Done
Note: selecting "mysql-server-5.0" instead of the
      virtual package "mysql-server-4.1"

Is there a way to override this "helpful" upgrade?  I really need 4.1 on
this machine.

--
Steve Garcia
sgarcia@bak.rr.com