Re: Debian on i486

Leonid Grinberg wrote:
I have tried installing Debian and ran into some problems.

The machine has both a floppy drive and a CD drive, but the BIOS does
not recognize the CD drive as a drive, and does not allow me to boot
off of it, let alone USB. That leaves only floppies. I burned boot.img

I use Smart Boot Manager on a machine very like the one you describe
to boot and run Linux (DSL version, Debian based). Works great.

http://btmgr.webframe.org/

[snip]

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.