Re: apt-get source question

On Monday July 31, 2006 5:38 pm, Stephen Cormier wrote:
> On Monday 31 July 2006 14:10, Pollywog wrote:
> > I looked in the APT tutorial and also in a book but I could not find an
> > answer to this problem.
> >
> > I want to get a source package from the "testing" release, not from
> > "stable", so I did this:
> >
> > apt-get -t testing source <packagename>
> >
> > It does not seem to work.  Is there a way to do this without temporarily
> > modifying the sources.list in order to get the desired sources?
>
> Try apt-get source packagename=1.2.3-4  use whatever the version number is
> for testing.

I didn't think of that one.  I have my system pinned and I have stable,
unstable, and testing sources (deb-src) in my sources.list and also some
unofficial sources such as backports and debian-multimedia, but 'apt-get -t
<release> source <package>' wasn't working.  I had to remove all deb-src
lines except those I needed and then copy from a backup file when I was done
getting the source packages.

thanks