Re: Volatile vs backports

gustavo halperin wrote:
Why we, I mean Linux Users, need AntiVirus. I'm using linux Debian for around 6 years and never I feel problems that sounds like virus. Which virus exist against Linux ? By the way I didn't find in the Clanav homepage any information about virus on Linux, just on MacOS and Win32 files.

Well, have you ever heard of samba? It's a great package to replace a server for clients with a more common, but less capable and less secure OS. Unfortunately, there is some hardware - like custom measurement equipment - that requires proprietary software running on a proprietary OS.

Good, if at least the data are save in the hands of our superior OS, protecting the weaker machines with a virus scanner.

Johannes