Re: Please suggest a video capture software

Santanu Chatterjee wrote:
On 7/22/06, Bruno Buys <bruno.grupos@gmail.com> wrote:

it seems to me that there must be some lack of interest in this project.
Except for that, I don't see why such a program would be too hard to
write. All the pieces are there, already: v4l2 supplies the video
stream, codecs are thriving over the internet, the author would only
have to redirect the stream to both X and a file, after encoding. Am I
very wrong about that?

I don't know how video streaming works, but what you said seems
true to me... lack of interest. I wish I could just 'cat' from
/dev/video0 and use 'tee'.

Thanks for the script. Last I tried, mencoder (without tvtime/xawtv running)
was able to capture only video, no audio. But perhaps I was using the
wrong options. I will try your mencoder line tonight.

(BTW, sorry for the late response... I have been unable to connect to the
net for the last few days)

Regards,
Santanu

Can I get a copy of ur final script? I just subscribe this list for a few days.
Thank u.
Shell.E.Xu

--
与其相濡以沫,不如相忘于江湖