Re: Question about exim4 in Debian installation

Eduardo wrote:

> Hi folks, these days I was wondering how can I set up my Debian to
> send my cron mails to my company's mail.

The easiest way I found is to use a .forward file in the home directory
of the user that receives root's mail (unless it is root himself, in
which case the file goes into /root.) You can check this in the
/etc/aliases file (look for a "root: someusername" line.)

The only think in the .forward file is the email address to which you
are forwarding mail.

> I already have a SMTP at my ISP where I use my thunderbird to send
> messages and I want to use this SMTP I use in thunderbird to exim4
> send mails by.

Use "dpkg-reconfigure exim4-config"

I would expect there are lots of HOWTOs on this (too lazy to search
right now.) If there genuinely aren't, then tell me and I will write one
as best as I can.

Hope this helps.

--
George Borisov