Re: Question about exim4 in Debian installation

Eduardo <dutche@gmail.com> writes:
> I was wondering how can I set up my Debian to
> send my cron mails to my company's mail.
>
> I already have a SMTP at my ISP where I use my thunderbird to send
> messages and I want to use this SMTP I use in thunderbird to exim4
> send mails by.
>
> How can I do this? Which options do I have to choose in debconf??
> Does anybody have a howto ??

I think that you can do everything you need to do with a script which
invokes the package named "mail"; look at the man page for "mail".

I think that messing around with exim is the wrong approach.  In a
typical personal installation, the purpose of exim is route mail within
the LAN and to get outgoing mail from your machine to the ISP.

RLH