Re: Command line audio and CD player?

On Mon, 10 Jul 2006 18:44:34 +0200
Rodolfo Medina <rodolfo.medina@gmail.com> wrote:

> You have to install cdparanoia and libcdparanoia0-dev and then install
> mplayer again, and then do:
>
>  $ mplayer cdda://

Um, that didn't work. I have 1.0-cvs currently, as reported by dpkg -l.
I have cdparanoia alright, but only recenly installed
libcdparanoia0-dev, which I subsequently installed, but still that
above doesn't work.

While still on topic - would be interested in getting vlc to work on
etch. But I have some difficulties getting the source compiled and the
binary(sid) doesn't want to install because of broken dependencies.
Plus, supposedly the latest version is 0.8.5, but 0.7.0 is what I get
when I do an apt-get source vlc.

dfox@tsoft.com                            change magnetic patterns
dfox@m206-157.dsl.tsoft.com               on your hard disk.