Re: Command line audio and CD player?

On Sun, 9 Jul 2006 14:15:56 -0400
bmarcum@iglou.com (Bill Marcum) wrote:

> If it isn't a video CD, try cdda:// and make sure /dev/cdrom is a
> symbolic link to your cd player.

Hmm. I figured something like that was going to do it, but I couldn't
think of the right syntax.

OTOH, I tried ('mplayer cdda://1') while a CD was in the drive
(and /dev/cdrom is linked to /dev/hdc, which is correct here) but it
tells me that it can't find the file '1'.

This is with 1.0pre08 running (self-compiled to a debian package, not
the Marillat version).

Is this supposed to work? If so, then it would qualify the OPs
requirement for a command line tool that playa both cd's and other
media files.

dfox@tsoft.com                            change magnetic patterns
dfox@m206-157.dsl.tsoft.com               on your hard disk.