Re: Debian dspam as postfix content filter?

On Thursday 27 July 2006 08:59, Jaldhar H. Vyas wrote:
> Has anyone successfully implemented dspam as a postfix content filter?
> I've followed the instructions in README.postfix and while mail is being
> filtered by dspam, 100% of it is marked as innocent.  Which kind of
> defeats the purpose of a spam filter don't you think?
>
> I suspect the debian package is broken but If you have got this working,
> please reply with a detailed HOWTO.

I've implemented dspam on a Debian system.  Have you trained dspam yet?  It
will not filter out of the box, it must be trained.  There are instructions
in the documentation for training, so I'll not repeat them here, but out of
the box, dspam has not been told that anything is bad, so has not started
blocking anything.

Joshua Kugler
Lead System Admin -- Senior Programmer
http://www.eeinternet.com
PGP Key: http://pgp.mit.edu/  ID 0xDB26D7CE
PO Box 80086 -- Fairbanks, AK 99708 -- Ph: 907-456-5581 Fax: 907-456-3111