Setup of thpot SSH -- is this how its supposed to work?

Hi.
I'm using Sarge 2.6.8-3 on PPC and have been trying to get a SSH server set
up. I've gone through all the obligatory security measures like changing port
numbers, and now I'm trying to get tinyhoneypot installed and working as a
secondary measure.

But after a few days, I can't get tinyhoneypot to display an interface after
test connecting to it via "ssh -p 22 127.0.0.1"

I've read all the man files and checked on websites that deal with installing
thpot.  Through some trial and error, I've gotten thpot to where it will
report the date and time of a connection in its log directory, which is set
to chown thpot:nogroup and chmod 700, that last as per the configuration file
specifics -- since I couldn't find a group with the name "nobody" and running
as user "thpot" seems to be a better idea.

Since I chose to make it work with plain inetd instead of xinetd, the entry in
my inetd.conf file is as follows, to be commented out later:

#ssh stream tcp nowait thpot /usr/sbin/thpot thpot ssh

Is there any error in there that is preventing the thpot interface from
showing up?

Should it not be against list etiquette to do so, I'll offer my thanks in
advance.  This is confusing me.

R.