Upcoming Release of Debian GNU/Linux 4.0 - a beginner's query/request

By adhering to the install instructions that were on Disk 1 (of a
14-disk CD set) of Debian 3.1, I have ended up with a fully functioning OS.

These instructions assume a "clean install" (which was the case).

This posting is an advance-request to include "update from Debian 3.1"
instructions in the proposed release of Debian 4.0.  If existing
documentation applies, a relevant URL would suffice.

My concern is the upgrade of the kernel.  I presume - perhaps incorrectly
- that this will need a separate routine.

Felix Karpfen

--
Felix Karpfen