Re: Printing from Acrobat

On Wed, Jul 26, 2006 at 00:13:22 +0300, David Baron wrote:
> On Tuesday 25 July 2006 23:21, Carl Fink wrote:

> > > Yup. kprinter will not accept cups.sock "on line".
> >
> > So by default, kprinter doesn't work.  That would be a bug, right?
> >
> > Okay, according to bugs.debian.org it was reported six weeks ago, still not
> > fixed in Sid.
>
> Kprinter works. The default cups.conf is not compatable with it.
> They should fix this, give a choice on install, or whatever. Bug?

   1) #370403: cupsys breaks all of KDE printing
   2) #375477: kdeprint: kprinter freezes on network cups printers

   5) #307545: kdeprint: smb printing, config file incorrect
   6) #379216: Error: unable to create printer (test or real printer)

It seems that the problem might be due to kdeprint using some
"semi-official" internal calls which have been fully depreciated in the
newest version of CUPS. I also have the impression that there are
several related known upstream issues, which added to the confusion
about whether the problem is now resolved or not.

--
Regards,
          Florian