Re: Jabber network vs. multi-protocol IM clients

Paul Johnson wrote:
> I'm not sure the Soviet Union didn't have help.  They were plagued by
> power-hungry party officials and translators that accidentally
> mistranslate morbid but harmless Russian idioms into outward threats.
> Had Lenin not seized power and disposed of Marx, Stalin not have ever been
> a major figure and Krushchev been a bit more level headed and hired a sane
> translator, odds are the USSR would still exist today and the Cold War
> avoided entirely.

OK, this is the last comment in this thread, because with a guy like this,
there is no reason why to argue. The only help Soviet Union (and current
Russia coincidentally) was 1970s oil crisis, which made them incredible
amount of income for their oil, and it postponed death of the regime for
some ten-fifteen years. Which is probably the reason why my father's
prediction was off.

However, as I said, there is no way how to argue with nonsense like this
(and it is off-topic here) -- contrary to you I have actually studied Marx
and I can tell you that he was exactly same idiot and gangster as those who
faithfully followed him. Except, that he (fortunately for humankind) never
got any power, so he couldn't screwed anybody. Howgh.

Have a good night (or morning),

Matěj

http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej/blog/, Jabber: ceplma@jabber.cz
23 Marion St. #3, (617) 876-1259, ICQ 132822213

There are lies, damned lies, and quotes from literary icons.