Re: Jabber network vs. multi-protocol IM clients

Paul Johnson wrote:
> I'm not sure the Soviet Union didn't have help.  They were plagued by
> power-hungry party officials and translators that accidentally mistranslate
> morbid but harmless Russian idioms into outward threats.  Had Lenin not
> seized power and disposed of Marx, Stalin not have ever been a major figure
> and Krushchev been a bit more level headed and hired a sane translator, odds
> are the USSR would still exist today and the Cold War avoided entirely.

    No, Paul, the system is doomed to failure at every turn.  It has to turn
to despotism to flourish under the incredible weight of it's own core failure.
  In the end what is to prevent anyone from simply not working?  It certainly
isn't the motivation of life's basic necessities.

> I've been told I have incredible foresight for these things.  I predicted the
> Yahoo/MSN merger back in 2004 when Jabber overtook Yahoo in user count.

    Yeah, and yet you say things like the above.  What's the saying?  Oh yeah,
even a broken watch is right twice a day.