Re: No sound support for KDE

Hello,

John O'Hagan wrote:
> I suggest disabling the KDE sound system, to see if you can play
> soundfiles with any apps that don't use it.

I shutdowned KDE with "/etc/init.d/kdm" stop and tried "aplay
/usr/share/sound/...". Did not work.

> Try using the "Override device location" option in "Sound system > Hardware"
> and make it something like "hw:0" or hw:1", (press "Apply" for each attempt
> and see if the error message reappears). If these fail, try putting in the
> path to your actual sound device - you'll have to hunt that down in /dev.

When I type "hw:1" I get the reported error message again. No effect
with "hw:0", but also no sound.

> Something that can also help to clearly define sound devices is to have a
> ~.asoundrc file, which google will tell you about!

I have to check this one first. I tried the default configuration from

http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/doc-php/asoundrc.php

and used aplay to play a WAV file, but this only causes an error:

aplay: set_params:906: Channels count non available

--
Greetings,
Markus