Re: Debian on i486

Leonid Grinberg wrote:
> I am hopefully going to recieve an old i486 machine, and for kicks, I
> thought that it would be nice to install Debian. Does anyone know how
> I would go about doing this, as well as how much success I should
> expect to get? Obviously, Debian no longer supports i486, but perhaps
> there is a way? I would prefer to run Testing, but considering the
> cirumstances, I may have to settle for something else.

Install some older distribution from http://archive.debian.org/ and then you
can recompile for your computer.

Matej

http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej/blog/, Jabber: ceplma@jabber.cz
23 Marion St. #3, (617) 876-1259, ICQ 132822213

Of course I'm respectable. I'm old. Politicians, ugly buildings,
and whores all get respectable if they last long enough.
      --John Huston in "Chinatown."