Re: Anybody else seeing this GTK2 bug?

On Sun, Jul 23, 2006 at 21:21:26 +0200, Torquil Macdonald Sørensen wrote:
> I checked the X resources with 'xrdb -query', and found the following Xft
> related settings:
>
> Xft.antialias:  0
> Xft.hinting:    1
> Xft.hintstyle:  hintmedium
> Xft.rgba:       rgb
>
> I don't know why Xft.antialias was set to 0, since from .fonts.conf I would
> think that it should be 1:
>
> The relevant part of .fonts.conf:
>  <match target="font" >
>   <edit mode="assign" name="antialias" >
>    <bool>true</bool>
>   </edit>
>  </match>
>
> But setting 'Xft.antialias: 1' in .Xresources and
> running 'xrdb -merge .Xresources' has the same effect as
> running 'gnome-settings-daemon': it fixes the problem. But the strange thing
> is that this .Xresrouces setting is not persistent across logging out and
> then in, as all the other .Xresources settings I use are. So something must
> be altering the Xft.antialias setting from 1 to 0 when I log into KDE.

How do you log on or start X? I use the graphical log-in screen of kdm.
I don't use ~/.Xresources at all (nor ~/.xinitrc or ~/.xsession) and my
Xft options get set to exactly what I would expect from the contents of
my ~/.fonts.conf:

$ xrdb -query | grep Xft
Xft.antialias:  1
Xft.hinting:    1
Xft.hintstyle:  hintfull

Do you have any references to Xft in files in /etc/X11/Xresources or
/etc/X11/Xsession.d?

--
Regards,
          Florian