Re: newbie question

Gabriel Parrondo wrote:
El jue, 20-07-2006 a las 22:09 -0400, Miles Fidelman escribió:
and it turns out that it sure looks like the messages I'm trying to capture are generated too early in the startup process to hit the log files - guess I have to connect my laptop to the serial port and capture the console traffic

If all you need is watch at the messages at boot-time, then you could
press the "Scroll Lock" key, which will "pause" the boot process and
give you some time to read, then you can scroll with Shift+PageUp or
Shift+PageDown. When you're done you press "Scroll Lock" again and the
process goes on.

Yeah, but that's too easy :-)
Besides, it's nice to have a record.

Cheers,