Re: newbie question

El jue, 20-07-2006 a las 22:09 -0400, Miles Fidelman escribió:
> and it turns out that it sure looks like the messages I'm trying to
> capture are generated too early in the startup process to hit the log
> files - guess I have to connect my laptop to the serial port and
> capture the console traffic

If all you need is watch at the messages at boot-time, then you could
press the "Scroll Lock" key, which will "pause" the boot process and
give you some time to read, then you can scroll with Shift+PageUp or
Shift+PageDown. When you're done you press "Scroll Lock" again and the
process goes on.

Cheers.
--
Gabriel Parrondo
GNU/Linux User #404138

"The only difference between theory and practice is that, in theory, there's no difference between theory and practice."