Gimp 2.2.6 and libpangocairo

Well, I tried a re-install of both (via apt-get) and looking in the /usr/lib directory there is no such file named "libpangocairo" real or symb link either. Do I have to make them? Link them to what?

DJ...

On Tue, Jul 18, 2006 at 19:53:50 -0600, DJ Hackenbruch wrote:

> Please can someone help me. I was trying to update my GIMP and it > stopped working. The GIMP 2.2.6 package seems to install OK but when you > run it it wants to see "libpangocairo". Of which pango is available, but > cairo is not in the Debian repository. Anything I have tried leads me to > need yet other versions of packages that also are not found in the > Debian repository. I have tried a few alternate sources for repositories > but I seemed to mess up my system more and more as I chased down newer > versions of packages. What is the solution to this? Am I stuck running > GIMP on Windows?

You could try to (re)install libpango1.0-0 and/or libpango1.0-dev.

That should give you the following files and symlinks:

libpango1.0-0: /usr/lib/libpangocairo-1.0.so.0.1201.2
libpango1.0-0: /usr/lib/libpangocairo-1.0.so.0
libpango1.0-dev: /usr/lib/libpangocairo-1.0.la
libpango1.0-dev: /usr/lib/libpangocairo-1.0.a
libpango1.0-dev: /usr/lib/libpangocairo-1.0.so

Note: I am using Sid; you will probably have a different version suffix
for the first file (not "1201.2").