Re: Anyone seen this?

John Mason <jmason@masondrywallsupply.com>:

>  process to delete that pid file. Once I did a dumb thing and did a
>  "chown -fR someuser:someuser /" and my entire disk was then owned by

Glad I'm not the only one.  I didn't do it.  The student I was
training at the time must have, and it was quite a shock finally
noticing at 0320h that everything was owned someuser:someuser and
everything was still running fine.  Aii.

Be careful leaving root prompts lying around, even when the only
people around are people you trust.  They can make honest mistakes
that screw you just as badly as malicious acts can.  Expensive
education.  :-P

    (*)    http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling           Linux Counter #80292
    - -    http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1855.html
           Spammers! http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling/emails.html