dma errors

Hi,

I have two IDE drives connected together using lvm.  The drives are quite new,
the motherboard is quite old.  I put a single ext3 partition on top of lvm
which is used for temporary large data sets.  I get the following error
messages from dmesg:

EXT3 FS on dm-0, internal journal
hde: dma_intr: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
hde: dma_intr: error=0x84 { DriveStatusError BadCRC }
ide: failed opcode was: unknown
hde: dma_timer_expiry: dma status == 0x20
hde: DMA timeout retry
PDC202XX: Primary channel reset.
PDC202XX: Secondary channel reset.
hde: timeout waiting for DMA
hde: dma_timer_expiry: dma status == 0x21
hde: DMA timeout error
hde: dma timeout error: status=0x58 { DriveReady SeekComplete DataRequest }
ide: failed opcode was: unknown
hde: dma_timer_expiry: dma status == 0x21
hde: DMA timeout error
hde: dma timeout error: status=0x58 { DriveReady SeekComplete DataRequest }
ide: failed opcode was: unknown
hde: dma_timer_expiry: dma status == 0x21
hde: DMA timeout error
hde: dma timeout error: status=0x58 { DriveReady SeekComplete DataRequest }
ide: failed opcode was: unknown

What would be the source of these errors and how should I go about fixing
them?

Thanks,

John