Make an updates disk?

[This message has also been posted to linux.debian.user.]

I've got three friends who installed 3.1r2 from CD.
They're on dial-up.
I'd like to make an update CD for them from the files in
my /var/cache/apt/archives.
It would be nice if they could use apt-cdrom add
to bring it in.
(Otherwise I'm just going to unload a tarfile in
their /var/cache/apt/archives)
The instructions for debian-cd seem to require that
I maintain a complete Debian mirror in order to make this
CD.  Is that really necessary?  Is there any way
to make a CD that will work with apt-cdrom without
reproducing the entire Debian distribution?

Cameron