Re: Anyone seen this?

unlink is not really a "link"... it's the name of the command. The
"unlink" command really just means delete. Not a clue why they call it
unlink and not delete.... but basically calling unlink on a file OR a
hard link OR a symbolic link will remove the link/file.

Anyhow, the error means that the permissions don't allow the clamd
process to delete that pid file. Once I did a dumb thing and did a
"chown -fR someuser:someuser /" and my entire disk was then owned by
someuser.... so I had to piece it back together one by one, file by
file.... that's when I saw the same error. My clamav is run by the user
"clamav"... double check your /etc/clamav.conf (could
be /etc/clamd.conf) and look for the "User" line. Then, chown
the /var/run/clamav directory and it's contents (and /var/log/clamav for
that matter) to that user, then all should be well.