Re: Why not?

In the Great Book it has Been Written that on Wed, 12 Jul 2006 11:53:00
-0700 Steve Lamb <grey@dmiyu.org> didst appear within my Magick Viewing
Screen and, being somewhat pleasantly supplicatory, did polemicize
thusly:

> Liam O'Toole wrote:
> > your KDE session. But again, it's not something that the user would
> > normally want to do: the whole point of using a desktop environment
> > is to avail of a set of consistent software components rather than
> > to adopt a mix-and-match approach.
>
>     Sez who?  Name the consistency here:
> Writing this in Thunderbird (GTK), running under KDE (Qt), with Gaim
> running to chat with my wife (GTK?) and browsing with Opera (Qt)
> because Firefox (GTK) started puking on me.  Meanwhile I had OOo open
> for some writing not too long ago (Java & ??).

I'm with Steve here; why should I care about GTK vs. Qt when an app
'Just Works' for me?  I switch about with impunity based on what I like.

Cybe R. Wizard
--
Press 'START' to stop
	Winduhs