Re: How to create autorunning CD?

Indraveni wrote:
> I think I dint give proper information to you. Actually we are
wowrking for a debian based distro and for this we want to create an
autorunning CD. That is, for Windows, after installation if we some
other features to be installed so we just insert the installable CD, it
will just pop up a window where the installation wizard will be.
> In the similar way I too want to create the utility CD for our
> distro.
So if i insert the CD , it should redirect to in installer script or
wizard so that I user can install the packages what he need.

> Now did u get my point. So here there no point comes about security
hole or any i suppose.

> Any other clues please..

If you want your CD to autorun within Windows, in the top-level
directory create a file called autorun.inf with contents similar to
the following:

[autorun]
shellexecute=index.html

I believe you can put other things than shellexecute here, but I'm not
sure.  Google should be able to tell you.  It's not necessary to have
an html file here, either -- any file with which Windows can associate
an appropriate executable should work.  As a guess, if it's a .exe,
the command might be

execute=myprog.exe

--
Michael A. Marsh