Re: How to create autorunning CD?

Michael Marsh <michael.a.marsh@gmail.com> wrote:
> Indraveni wrote:
> > I think I dint give proper information to you. Actually we are
> wowrking for a debian based distro and for this we want to create an
> autorunning CD. That is, for Windows, after installation if we some
> other features to be installed so we just insert the installable CD, it
> will just pop up a window where the installation wizard will be.
> > In the similar way I too want to create the utility CD for our
> > distro.
> So if i insert the CD , it should redirect to in installer script or
> wizard so that I user can install the packages what he need.
> >
> > Now did u get my point. So here there no point comes about security
> hole or any i suppose.
> >
> > Any other clues please..

If you want your CD to autorun within Windows, in the top-level
directory create a file called autorun.inf with contents similar to
the following:

[autorun]
shellexecute=index.html

I believe you can put other things than shellexecute here, but I'm not
sure. Google should be able to tell you. It's not necessary to have
an html file here, either -- any file with which Windows can associate
an appropriate executable should work. As a guess, if it's a .exe,
the command might be

execute=myprog.exe

I think you understood my problem wrongly. I want this in Debian Linux but not in Windows.
--
Michael A. Marsh
http://www.umiacs.umd.edu/~mmarsh