Re: Howto add firewire printer ???

helices <helices@helices.org> writes:

> * Roger Leigh <rleigh@whinlatter.ukfsn.org> [2006:07:10:11:01:59+0100] scribed:
>> If you now choose "add printer" (using the web interface), choose scsi
>> as the backend, and it should find the printer.
>>
>> If it doesn't, let us know what happens when you do this.  The device
>> uri is scsi://<something>, where I guess <something> is the SCSI
>> device node, /dev/s....
>
> This is where I get stuck.  I do not know how to refer to the scsi
> printer device.  There does NOT appear to be any sd[a-z] binding; nor is
> there any sg[0-9] binding:
>
>     # sudo grep sd /var/log/dmesg
>     Password:
>     SCSI device sda: 145226112 512-byte hdwr sectors (74356 MB)
>     SCSI device sda: drive cache: write back
>     SCSI device sda: 145226112 512-byte hdwr sectors (74356 MB)
>     SCSI device sda: drive cache: write back
>      sda: sda1
>     sd 1:0:0:0: Attached scsi disk sda
>
>     # cat /proc/scsi/scsi
>     Attached devices:
>     Host: scsi1 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00
>       Vendor: ATA      Model: WDC WD740GD-50FL Rev: 33.0
>       Type:   Direct-Access                    ANSI SCSI revision: 05
>

> The only reference I see is to "scsi0".
>
> What am I missing?

I'm sorry, but I know very little about SCSI, and SCSI printing even
less so.  I suggest you ask on cups.general.

It may be a missing a particular SCSI or FireWire driver, but I can't
give any further guidance here.

Regards,
Roger

--
  .''`.  Roger Leigh
   `-    GPG Public Key: 0x25BFB848   Please sign and encrypt your mail.