Re: Howto add firewire printer ???

First, allow me to thank you for your participation in these issues.

I have been trying to subscribe to the cups mailing lists; but, I have
NOT received any response.  Is it just due to the weekend?

* Roger Leigh <rleigh@whinlatter.ukfsn.org> [2006:07:09:19:16:29+0100] scribed:
<snip />

> FWIW, the ieee1394 backend is broken.  You can try the scsi or ipp
> backends which both support firewire:

I am always very confused by these "backends".  When parport, or samba,
it just works.

I have tried "ipp", and it does not work for me.  Since I do NOT
understand how these work; and I have not found any documentation, it
may well be that this is pilot error (?)

I do NOT even see "scsi" as an option.

What am I missing?

--
Best Regards,