Re: Xorg 7.0 and ATI working!

Liam O'Toole wrote:
On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 23:39:52 -0700
Erik Steffl <steffl@bigfoot.com> wrote:

Bill Wohler wrote:

[SNIP]

2. The courier fonts were ugly.

The fix was to rebuild xorg.conf (I'm assuming with a proper font
path). I did not have to resort to the workaround presented in
   some of my fonts look prety ugly too, how did you figure out what
the proper font path is? Whatever was there after dpkg-reconfigure
xserver-xorg?

   TIA,

	erik

Hi again, Erik.

Fonts are looking pretty good here (deja-vu and msttcorefonts, with
bitmap fonts enabled too). What problems are you having?

pretty much everything looks ok except of fonts in fvwm - window titles, menus, fonts in pager.

The menu and window titles look like really badly resized bitmap fonts (before xorg 7 upgrade they looked ok)

  this is the font specified in fvwm config:

default: -adobe-helvetica-bold-r-*-*-12-*
menu:    -adobe-helvetica-bold-r-*-*-12-*

the font in pager is too small for any font to appear good but I think it's somewhat worse than before

pager font: -*-times-medium-r-*-*-*-80-*-*-*-*-*-*

tried these in xfontsel and they still look pretty bad even though they don't have exactly same look as in fvwm (and there's no 80 size for times, only 120)

these look like pretty common fonts, not sure what happened, they are not missing, just ugly.

btw what's deja-vu? I assume it's a font or set of fonts but apt-cache found nothing

  thanks,

	erik