Re: gdm X login does not work anymore after last update (dbus problem?)

On Wed, Jun 21, 2006 at 06:29:11PM +0200, Stefan Bellon wrote:
> I've done an apt-get update && apt-get upgrade on my notebook last
> night and today I noticed that I can no longer login to an X session
> using gdm.

I just had the same problem except with kdm. Downgrading dbus,
libdbus-1-2, libdbus-glib and libdbus-qt put things back to normal. The
working versions of these packages for me are:

dbus 0.61-6
libdbus-1-2 0.61-6
libdbus-glib-1-2 0.61-6
libdbus-qt-1-1c2 0.61-6

I'm not a gnome person but I'll assume the libdbus-qt won't apply to
you. I do not know if there is a gnome equivalent (libdbus-gtk) at all.

--
Ken Wahl